Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!



Today is my dad's birthday! He is an amazing man. We have been told that we have a lot in common, but I think we are both too stubborn to ever admit to that! (I guess that proves that we DO have a lot in common, haha). Anyway, you'd never guess it because he looks so YOUNG- but he is 48! Here are a few things about him that make me proud to call him Dad:

1. He has always put in countless hours to support 7 kids!
2. He is the most patriotic man I have EVER met! Seriously, every patriotic bone in my body I attribute to this man. He knows every line to all "American" songs.
3. He always gets told he looks like celebrities. My mom, sisters and I always laugh about it.
4. He has a passion for flying planes that makes him youthful
5. He has these lines that he always says that only people in our family could understand, such as "not a mormon not an option, boogogly-oogoly, greasy soggy sandwhich served in a dirty ash tray, etc.)
6. The way you can tell he's lying/teasing about something by the face he makes with his noise and lip. He's the worst liar EVER.
7. The way he dances with all of his girls at their wedding... it's so NOT traditional.
8. The way he acknowledges how great of a wife he has, yet still maintains his non-mushy personality. (When I was little, I always wondered why he signed his love notes as George, but now I understand.)
10. He knows EVERYTHING about the scriptures and is the best teacher in the world. Nate always says that he is going to be an amazing mission president someday. It's probably true.

Happy Birthday Dad! We love you!

1 comment:

Pierce and Stacy said...

So, why DOES he sign his notes "George?" Just wondering. And thank you for commenting on my blog. P.s. your dad is awesome! -s