We began our Christmas festivities by decorating sugar cookies with Emilee and John. Some of us were more talented than others (as you can see below). We had some serious fun and made a mess!
We then headed down to California just in time for Christmas Eve. It was so nice when we hit about Vegas and started thawing out from our Utah winter!

The Larson Side*:
Allison, Mom, Whitney Ian
Sheldon, Hannah
John, laptop (Dad), Emilee
Nate, Lukas, Soren
We spent Christmas morning with my family, including my dad (via a webcam). It wasn't the best form of communication I've ever seen, but it was better than nothing. We took turns asking him questions about Turkey and all showed him some of the fun things we opened. My mom is a trooper about having him gone, but Christmas was a hard day for all of us without him there. I'm just grateful for a dad who loves this country and serves it so selflessly.
One memorable thing I received this year was a collection of all our old home videos put onto DVDs, wrapped up in a little treasure chest. I have spent several Sundays since Christmas watching some pretty funny videos of when I was little and am so happy to have them all for my own home! I also got some new running shoes from my husband and gave him his oh-so-desired, old-man loafers. He's worn them everyday since.
We headed up the 15 to the Cromar's side and opened a few presents with them. Nate's parents got us a beautiful picture of Christ that now hangs in our home. I was so excited to open it-- it's even signed! We played some games with Scott and Catherine, were entertained by little Andrew, but mostly just relaxed.
Tara, Nate's beanie, & Andrew
We took some family pictures* with them the next day. (I may stick out like a sore thumb in Nate's family of blondes, but I like it! It gives our family pictures some spice! haha.) It was a great Christmas spent reflecting on the birth of our Savior and spending time with family!
Tara, Nate, Yours Truly, Mom, Dad, little Andrew, Scott, Catherine, Nick
Grandma and Grandpa Healey
*A special thanks to everyone I stole images from for this post! :)
*A special thanks to everyone I stole images from for this post! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment