Friday, August 1, 2008

July's Festivities

Now that the best month of the year is over (my birthday AND anniversary month), it's time to blog about it. My family has always teased me about the fact that I am the one child who celebrates her birthday all month long. As a child I would say, "but it's my birthday next week" as a way to rationalize why I should get the front seat, have a friend spend the night, etc. It was never intentional for me to celebrate all month long, I was just a smart kid or something. :) Although Nate might disagree, I would like my family to know that I only celebrate my birthday ONE day a year now! (Partially because two days later it's my anniversary so I get to celebrate that for a while too.) Anyway, here are some pictures from my birthday/anniversary month!


Nate came home late after work one night carrying something behind his back. Then he whipped out this mini cake for me. It was so funny because it was totally random and also because was the day before my ACTUAL birthday. I said, "Where did you get that?!?" He then told me that he walked to KFC to get it for me after he was done knocking door-to-door that night (apparently he had see somewhere they had cakes?) I was laughing so hard imagining what all the guys thought when they picked him up from KFC that night carrying this cake for me. We then went to Joe's Crab Shack the next night for my birthday dinner and then came home and ate cake! Thanks Nate for being such a cute husband and to my family who made me feel loved even though I was so far away from everyone.

The following weekend we packed up and headed to the cutest bed and breakfast in the country: The Songbird Prairie. We decided that we needed to get out for our anniversary and we couldn't have picked a more romantic spot. Our room was called the Bluebird Suite and we had such a fun time there. Some of the highlights included the three-course breakfast (I couldn't get over the beautiful flowers we had on every one of our plates or the amazing birds we saw during breakfast), the beautiful furniture in the place, the jacoozi/light therapy session that was in our room, walking all the trails, seeing birds I've never seen before, and attempting to take pictures of ourselves while swinging in the hammock in the forest. I would almost fly to this place from the west coast just to stay here-- it was fantastic! Anyway, we had loads of fun and I'm glad we got each other this for our anniversary this year. (Grandma and Mom, I included pictures of where we ate breakfast and stayed because I thought of you the whole time.)


I want this bed.

Our classic picture we always take of ourselves.



Our Suite (my future master bedroom). Teasing.
One of the courses we bad for breakfast. Note the flowers G-ma.

Hammock pictures- we got so many bug bites.

Happy anniversary to the man I love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to stay there! That looks so nice and romantic!

L.M. Steimle said...

thats so cute! its looks very relaxing and romantic. good job, you guys got away to celebrate! and congrats 1 year is a long time!!!!!

p.s. i love all your wedding photos! i wish i could have come! i KNOW i would have had fun! so sad i missed out.

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Allison! It's Elise (Grizzle) Neilsen! How are you! I am so glad I came across your blog! I had no idea you guys got married on the same day we did just different year! :) Hope all is well!