Thursday, June 2, 2011

5 Months



I can't believe Jett is 5 months old already. I love him so much at this age, and I don't want him to ever grow up! He is such a happy boy and is always laughing at little things I do-- it's the best. In celebration of turning 5 months, I pulled out the camera and tried to take some pictures of him in his room.


Gotta love the drool! 

 
 Sitting like a big boy in his chair-- it's so comfy!



 It took a lot of effor to get Jett to look at me once I gave him this plane.  It's definitely one of my favorite decorations in his room.


Some of my favorite things about Jett at 5 months:

- His dimples, of course!
- How he smiles at himself in the mirror, even when he has previously been fussy
- How big his eyes get when he's surprised
- How funny he is to watch when he eats.  He does a constant "mmmm" sound letting you know he's ready for the next bite.  We can never feed him fast enough.  Also, if he sees us eating, he will open his mouth like he's ready to eat, too.
- How he arches his back and lifts his whole bottom up, letting us know he wants to get out of his lamb chair, doesn't feel like sleeping, or pretty much whenever he doesn't want to do something.  It's crazy.
- Which reminds me, he's such a strong boy.  He rolled over before he was a month old and convinced his dad he was the world's strongest baby, and he keeps getting stronger.  Haha.  He continually amazes us with new things every day.  He's starting to army crawl a little bit if we put him on his tummy.  It's awesome.
- How he smiles at random people all the time and it totally makes their day.
- How OBSESSED he is with his hands.  He always has to be rubbing or gripping something to fall asleep.  In fact, he sometimes tickles his own head to put himself to sleep.  I know who he gets it from, and it's not me. 
- Oh, and he never doesn't have his hands in his mouth.  I have so many pictures of him with up to 5 fingers in his hands at once.  Don't worry, we've tried to give him a binki like a billion times.  He hates it and acts like we're choking him.  haha.

Most of the things I love about Jett can't and shouldn't really be explained on a blog, but in his first few months of life, he has taught me more than I could have ever imagined.  I love that little boy so much!

I promised my Grandma I'd put some pictures up for my aunt to see-- so here you go Annette, here's the chair and some of the rest of Jett's room.  (Sorry, they aren't the best pictures and you can't see everything, but you can at least get the idea. :)




2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm pretty sure you have the cutest kid on the planet! But you already knew that right? ;)

Kim Cromar said...

His room looks great!