On a happier note, I think Galileo will be a great company to work for. They are housed in a beautiful building, have great employees, and everyone has a lot of fun (more details on that later)!
(Feel free to stop reading here, the rest are just my feelings and it's kinda long.)
I've done a lot of pondering lately and decided I'm really just grateful to have a job. No one can fully understand how the unemployement process can take a toil on your self-confidence, health, and life in general, unless they've been through it. However, despite its challenges, I truly have been made into a stronger person because of this particular trial. It taught me how to accept the Lord's timing in my life, while giving me a greater love for my husband and parents.
Since the day I got married I have always felt unnecessary pressure to plan/time my life the way other's thought was best, or the way other couples normally do things. It seemed like the more I planned, the more I was shown how wrong this mentality was for me and Nate. But, somehow through this unemployment nightmare I have come to understand that the Lord has a plan for each of us as individuals and as families. He is not as much concerned with the time that has lapsed between goals as He is with our ability to submit our will to His. I have spent so much time worrying about how long it would be before I even got a good START on a career, on how long school would now take Nate since my unemployment set-back, on how far off we are from starting a family, and on what other people would assume about me based on how I was timing things, etc. What a waste of time! Seriously! The Lord has a plan for each of us and will bless us with our righteous desires when we have learned the things we need to learn and have been molded into the people we should be. I'm so grateful to have been blessed with a job right now, especially because there are so many others out there still struggling. I am grateful that I have a husband who has always encouraged me to finish school, do my best at whatever job I choose, and has helped me to realize that we can learn to trust the Lord and His timing together; there is no rush for us! I am also grateful for my Dad who encouraged me from day one to find a job I could love and gave me the support I needed to keep my confidence up after applying to 130+ jobs with nothing to show for it. Lastly, I'm grateful for all the other family members and friends who have been praying for months on my behalf, and who love me for me!
Here's to a new job and a new perspective!
3 comments:
congratulations! i'm really happy to hear that everything has worked out and makes you happy. i totally agree about the timing issue - i'm the very same. luckily life doesn't work like that and we are all able to make choices as we see fit.
Hey girl! I just stumbled across your blog. I know exactly how you feel. I had a plan laid out for my life, and none of it went according to my schedule. Sometimes we need to have huge trials that totally shake us up to help us realize we need to trust the Lord and let him guide our lives in the direction He wants them to take. Good luck with your new job!
YAY! I'm glad you have a job. And I love your new blog... way to go.
I love you and miss you. let's play soon.
Post a Comment